November 23, 2010

Not Everyday is a Work Day

16/30 [11/21/10]
{Jacket & Jeans: Gap, Sweater: Limited, Boots: Steve Madden, Scarf: Old Navy}

16/30 [11/21/10]



Sunday was one of the few "off" days I've had since the 30 for 30 challenge started. And while this particular day off included a work meeting - it did not include any specific attire - so I took advantage of an entirely casual look. These pictures aren't the best, nor is my outfit but it's a fairly accurate portrayal of Weekend Liz.

What I'm starting to learn is that this little experiment in style blogging is more than just sharing the clothes I wear. It's about sharing yourself with those in the community. If that means posting a less than perfect photo or showcasing a blah outfit - so be it. No one is perfect. It's the imperfections that make us who we are.

So here's to a casual outfit, a little less makeup and hair that falls as it may. But most importantly here's to my new friends and the understanding that it's okay to be me, no matter what I'm wearing.

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. aw I love that you said it's okay to be me no matter what I'm wearing! SO TRUE!! Great outfit as well, I love the scarf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's easy to pick out little imperfections especially with all the perfect fashionable ladies with their blogs. I keep telling myself to just do what I can with what I have :)

    By the way, I think you look super pretty today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, less than perfect pictures! You should see what I posted yesterday :) You have such great outfit choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. couldn't agree more! and funny enough, others will always find help you find the positive.
    I actually like your hair, the jacket and the scarf a lot in this post. And you've always got such a pretty smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look incredible, and I never have perfect pictures, so thanks for encouraging us to be us!

    <3 your style AND your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still think you're hair looks awesome even if it's not perfect. I wish I could get my hair to do that. I love the bright scarf here with the casual rest of the look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really precious -- and it's nice to see you in something more casual.

    PS -- your hair is still perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think you look great and so does this look! i'm so glad you got to enjoy a day off from work and a day off from work attire! (:

    and I agree, being a fashion blogger really puts yourself out there! and everyone eventually learns quite a bit about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great! I love the casual outfit. You are seriously crazy for working SO MUCH. Hopefully you get a little break for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just recently found your blog, and I think you're adorable. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that scarf is just so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that scarf and your green jacket! And I'm glad you got to enjoy a day off:)

    ReplyDelete