December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010


IMG_0889
{Dress: Urban Outfitters, Blazer: Target, Necklace & Bracelet: LOFT, Shoes: Bandoli

12-31-10a

12-31-10c

12-31-10b



Hey friends, in lieu of a regular post I bring you my first week participating in Friend Friday. This week's topic is about resolutions. Enjoy! I hope you have an amazing New Years!


1. What's the one thing you vow to learn or do in 2011 to improve your blog?
I’m always open to new ideas and developments, but I’m specifically hoping to improve my outfit pictures. I’m a little gun shy {and lack the necessary tools} to trek outdoors for pictures. But I’m thinking that with some warmer weather and the help of my sister, I will start branching out of my bedroom for pictures.


2. What did you learn about blogging in 2010 that you plan to put into practice next year?
I began reading blogs in 2009 and everyone always mentioned the community. Having started my own blogging endeavor in the last few months of 2010, I’ve had the great pleasure to experience that community first hand. It’s really made me appreciate the blogs I read more. I also especially appreciate those who take the time to check out my little blog.


3. Do you have any high-level goals for your blog in the coming year? Monetization? More comments? More connections with other bloggers? A new template?
I kinda feel like a blogging toddler. I’m still feeling my way through, figuring things out, and hopefully growing. I’ve made some design changes here in the last week {did you notice?} and everyday I’m learning something new. As far as goals, I’m hoping to settle into a posting routine, incorporate some non-work outfits and improve photo quality.


4. If you could collaborate with one other blogger within your sphere of influence in 2011, who would you like to collaborate with, and what would you like to collaborate on?
I would love to collaborate with Kinsey from In Kinsey’s Closet. I discovered her blog right before starting my own and I absolutely fell in love her style {and her of course too}. Kinsey is so sweet and I’m constantly inspired by her outfit choices. It’s really encouraging to find another blogger with a similar style and shape. Since Kinsey is moving back to the Midwest, I would love to work on a blogger meet up or do a clothing swap.


5. What do you plan to do to support other bloggers next year?
I think it's fair to stay that prior to starting 26 and Counting, I was a style blog lurker. I read and loved A LOT of blogs, but I rarely commented or reach out to those who I were my favorites. Slowly that started to change in the last few months of 2010 and it radically changed when I started blogging. I'm hoping to continue to comment, e-mail and connect with other bloggers in 2011.

Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling like a blogging toddler! You're doing a great job though and I like how you've been playing around with your design!
    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. {insert shrill noise} I LOVE this!! It looks kinda 90s flashback...but in the absolute most awesome sense. Complete perfection, you look like a fashion icon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz! That is so sweet of you! I think organizing a blogger meetup would be a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this post. Not only did I love your super sophisticated outfit, but also your answers to Friend Friday (which I am also a part of but have yet to answer questions!). I totally feel like a blog toddler, too, haha! Definitely need to revamp my layout. Yours looks great! And I was totally a style blog lurker as well. It's interesting the shift from lurker to active participant... It's a lot more fun this way!


    Kristine. Or Polly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinsey you are most certainly welcome! You're kinda my blog crush ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kristine! I always appreciate your comments and I love (more like lurve) your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you thank you! Now that you mention it I can totally see the 90s vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Rochelle! Hope you had a great New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the chic outfit. I love a great black blazer and an eye-catching necklace! I did notice the redesign- looks great!

    http://www.maritimeshopaholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great dress! love this whole look - the blazer, necklace, all dark look. it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok so I absolutely love your hair. i am obsessed. you're outfit is very Jen Aniston when she played Rachel on Friends :) love love!!!!

    I can't wait to read more of your blog!

    http://anerdslist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete