June 26, 2009

For the love of god where is my ac?

Living on the border of the South/Midwest you’re bound to experience some ‘interesting’ weather. Depending on the season there are occasional blizzards, tornados if we’re lucky and ungodly amounts of humidity in the summer. And to top it all off we have our fair share of thunderstorms. It was the later that struck last night. Now I can handle a good storm with the best of them, but when said storm disrupts my slumber and lightening strikes so close that I can see the smoke from the nearby trees I’ve had enough.

So when my alarm went off at 6am I was already in a bad mood, but then I realized that the storm did more than just disrupt my sleep, it also caused a power outage. I was furious. Not only did this disturb my morning routine (which is a subject that merits its own entry), it ruined the perfectly chilled temperature of my cozy apartment.

So after huffing and puffing for roughly ten minutes I lit the single candle I own and pulled my full length mirror next to my sole source of light, my miniscule bedroom window. After 30 minutes or so the humidity crept in and I opted to finish getting ready in the comfort of my air conditioned car. The only thing keeping me going is the fact that it's Friday.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment