November 8, 2010

Job 2.0


2 of 30 [11/7/10] 1
{Blazer, Necklace & Leggings: Express, Top: NY & Co., Belt: Limited, Shoes: Target}

2 of 30 [11/7/10] 4



Last night I had a dinner meeting for my new seasonal job. Yes you read that right. In addition to the shopping ban, I’ve added insult to injury by opting to return to the world of retail. It’s all part of my plan to utilize a little reverse psychology on the shopping inclined part of my brain.



You know, that giddy little voice in your head that perks up when your favorite stores are having major sales? Or that internal calculator that starts computing all the money you’re saving during that 30% off sale? But I have (I think) found the answer.



Who wants to shop at the mall when you work at mall? Who wants to spend time shopping when you’ve worked a 12+ hour day at 2 jobs?



Reverse psychology and exhaustion, my friends, are my secret shopping ban weapons.



Oh and hey remember those few extra pieces of black clothing I complained about creeping into my 30 for 30? It may turn out for the best since the dress code for my job 2.0 is strictly black. Cheers to limitless accessories!

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice! Accessories are the key, love your necklace!
    jewelscapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your outfit! I'm doing the challenge too--can't wait to see your remixes!
    Also, I admire your reverse psychology experiment...I think I'd succumb in five minutes.
    toboldlywear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layering here, and how you utilized the necklace to jazz up the dark colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! i'm a nine-to-fiver too so i feel your pain on the no jeans deal. i'm doing the 30 for 30 too! can't wait to see what else you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the logic behind your reverse psychology. I worked in retail for a few years. Even now, four years later, I find myself avoiding big sales and re-buttoning/re-zipping every article of clothing I try on in an effort to help the sales girl keep her sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your necklace, and good luck with the no shopping! When I worked at the mall I always managed to spend my entire paycheck there. I trust that you have more willpower than I did, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh...sounds like an exhausting schedule! and the temptation..!? i would never last.

    ReplyDelete