November 21, 2010

Working for the Weekend


14/30 [11/19/10]
{Top: J Crew, Cardigan: A Boutique in Cali, Pants: Express, Belt: H&M, Boots: Target}


14/30 [11/19/10]


As I was leaving for work on Friday I took one last look in the mirror and chuckled. Here I was wearing navy, black, brown & gray {and animal print if you count my bracelet}. The high school version of myself would have absolutely cringed at my mix of colors. High school Liz's (HSL) cardinal rule of fashion was to never, under any circumstances, mix black and brown.

It should be known that HSL also had quite an obsession with glitter... glitter eyeshadow, t-shirts with glitter and of course glittered jeans. So I'll take 26 year Liz and leave HSL where she belongs, in the past. As Kendi mentioned, here's to breaking your fashion rules - whatever they may be!

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I just came across HSF's camp counselor photo. Denim on denim on denim. Uh. Gawd! To my credit, I was wearing a beret. Here's to leaving our former selves behind, for they make sweet stories retold!

    Though,truth be told, there's a place in my world for glitter but a little goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to break your rule! i think everyone should break that rule because i love black and brown mixed. and black and blue, too!

    you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great, great top, and I love the mixed neutrals! Good luck with the rest of the remix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness i used to have those same exact rules in high school. Mine went even further with not mixing blacks and navy and a bunch more ... too funny!! You look adorable as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HSL (we have twin names!) didn't care what she wore and that makes for awful photos. Here's to hoping that I never go through that stage again.

    http://one-girl-vs-world.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was the same. Never mix black and brown. Silver and gold. Navy and black. And now, I love breaking all the rules!

    ReplyDelete